Ron Fedkiw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Fedkiw

Don't know if you guys are aware of this fellow's research but some of it is absolutely amazing. Definitely going on my links page.

http://graphics.stanford.edu/~fedkiw/

(Be sure to check out the Happy Buddha being put through the gears or, as he calls it, "Robust finite element simulation"...)

-Richard
    Richard Rosenman
    Creative Director
    http://www.hatchstudios.com
    http://www.richardrosenman.com

Richard, thanks for the link. That is some amazing simulations. I would love to get my hands on some of those algorythms!

Chris Jackson
    cj@arcad.co.nz
    www.arcad.co.nz
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

damn

that stuff is really amazing......it's increadible how that mesh can withstand those kinda deformations.....no wonder he consults for ILM

thanks for the links, Richard.

paul

PS: maybe we can see some of those algorithms in action, in Aura :P ......

Comment

Jebus! Thats cool!!!

The Buddha ones are amazing! Also check out the smoke - most realistic thing seen ever!
        Does anyone else here think Meshuggah kick ass?

Comment

Can anyone say Stretch Armstrong?
          Thanks for the link Richard

Haven't downloaded the smoke AVI yet but does anyone think it looks allot like Aura?

--Jon

Comment

i checked out the smoke movie quite awhile ago, even before aura came out. its impressive though pretty much in line with what aura can do. that buddha movie is new to me and very impressive.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I think if Chaos group had some more brilliant people (or time) we could expect similar things in max.
              The only difference is that Vlado won't get a speech of Bush when he finishes his algorithms
              You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Does anyone know about the calculation times for those simulations? Are we talking days/hours/minutes here?
                Does anyone else here think Meshuggah kick ass?

Comment

well my uneducated guess that is that they are probably very slow. Those scientist types aren't interested in how fast it does its thing, just how accurate they can make it.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

It's applied mathematics so I'd imagine it's quite slow. They don't care how long it takes, they are looking for perfect simulations.

Comment

the brilliance of the chaos guys is more along the lines of taking the applied mathmatics and physics and simlifying it to a more realistic render time for us. now thats smarts

---------------------------------------------------
                      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X