rendering a section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rendering a section

i am planning for an animation of an architectural building to animate a section of the ground floors. i want to use for this the gi of vray.

my question is, do i have to use for this a new calculation from scratch for each frame or is there a icremental calculation possible.

i am asking, because i change the geometry and parts of the building like the floors apear one after the other and i am not sure, how to handle this.

anyone any good idea for this to save rendertime (because i do this in hdtv and so i get lot of more rendertime) ?

Pete

Hi Pete242

in my experiance theres no real way to animate any geometry with a incremental method.

there are only two ways to do this. First you use lightmap for secoundary bounces and direct computation ore i-map with very high settings. so each frame gets a new calculation to react on the moving objects. disadvantage of this "highest quality method" of cours are very long rendertimes sometimes ahead of 45 min, depending on your scene.

secound is to use some sort of fake for the moving things, like i did on my last animation, when i precalculated everything that stood still, and rendered everything that moved with a free skydomescript which worked surprisingly very well. rendertime for me came down from 1 and a half hour with direct computation to about 20min overal a frame.

here´s the link if you are interested.

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=7534

Tom

by the way, grüße nach Berlin. zwei meiner Partner kommen von Dort

Comment

Working...
    X