Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray - Metaballs and Maya 2017

Hi guys,
    I've published this post in the public channel, but this should be the proper venue.

I'm new in this forum. I've bought a license of V-Ray for Maya and tried to make a sphere with a particle system emitted from its surface.
    I've associated a VRay Metaball to the particle system and on Viewport 2.0 I can see the particles on the surface (img1 below).
    However, when I render (img2 below), the particle system (and the Metaball) are not there.

Can you help me understand how to render correctlya and what's wrong here?
    Thanks

img1
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sus67dti7hrdqop/img1.png?dl=0

Img2
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqg2rq4qm9un8gf/img2.png?dl=0

Everything in the setup looks correct to me in the V-Ray Metaball attributes. One thing that you may check is the render status of the particle system. It should be "Renderable" in order to get the metaballs rendered.
    If that's not the cease then please attach your file here or send it to support@chaosgroup.com to see what is wrong.

I'm attaching one sample scene here:
    MetaballsMaya.zip
    Click image for larger version

Name:	maya_2016-12-23_15-35-16.png
Views:	1
Size:	416.4 KB
ID:	866016
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Tashko,
      I don't know hot to verify that the render status of the particle system is "Renderable". Can you check me from the attached file and let me know what's wrong?

intro_spheres.0001.mb.zip

Thanks in advance and happy christmas

Comment

Thanks.
        Currently we don't support V-Ray Metaballs in CUDA/GPU renderings and this is the reason way you don't see them rendered. If you switch to CPU engine everything should work fine.

Happy Holidays!
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Tashko, it works.
          I've another question on metaballs and goals, but will open a new thread.

happy holidays

Comment

Working...
          X