Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Usage

Hi,

Just a quick question on how I can get MAX to use more memory. I have 1 gig of ram but it's only using around 630mb when I'm rendering. I'd really like to MAXimise the potential of the pc. I've also got hyper-threading turned on with a dual 2.66 xeon machine.

Right now, in Physical Memory:
    Total 1047552
    Available 415756
    System Cache 372160

Kernel Memory:

Total 62044
    Paged 29776
    NonPaged 32320

Those are roughly the figues (as while it's rendering they're changing all the time).

Any help would be great!

Thank
    Bryan

you cant FORCE max to use more memory then it needs. As it needs memory it grabs it.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

For some reason, my system is running at 50% processor power (according to windows task manager), so I was thinking that if I could increase the memory usage, it might be where the bottle neck is for the processors?

Comment

You can FORCE vray to use more memory by adjusting the settings in the raycaster - specificaly increasing the Max tree depth and lowering the face/level coef. This can make a pretty big difference in speed but don't go too far as it can slow it down.

If it is rendering at 50% cpu then it is not a memory issue though, Is it a dual machine? If it is it sounds like multithreading is turned off. If it is a single cpu then it is something wrong with your scene, I know certain procedural maps have caused similar results in the past but I thought they were fixed, what version are you using?
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

Thanks RErender. I'm running a dual machine with multithreading turn on. I'm using Max 6, with VRAY version Adv. 1.09.03r. Unfortunatly, I've had no luck so far in fixing the problem...

Thanks for the help,

Bryan

Comment

Working...
          X