Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion: How would you do this?

Hi

I have to do a walkthrough for an apartment, but i got in some trouble when wanted to save the photon map for the entire flat. Totallly there are 20 vraylights with 800SD and I had to stop the calculation after 3h. (MD12/SD60).
    For a room with 2 lights it tooked 15min to calculate the photon map and everything is ok, but this means that i have to do an anim for every room separately and the client want one walkthrough with opening doors and moving from one room into the other.
    How can I do this??? Ideeas?

Hope you could understand my broken english,
    Thanks

You can sacrifice quality for speed,you can try to replace the vray lights with standard lights?

Comment

1 answer...."render farm"...quality and time.
      Reza Bahari
      visual3d@streamyx.com
      013-3428162

Comment

you can try calculating incremental add to current map for the frames that dont have any moving objects then calculate irrad map every frame for the portion of video with the doors. does that make sense?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

usually this is what i do for opening doors
          example:
          1-100 room1. door1 closed :saved irradiance map r1.irmap
          (door opens between frame 101-120)
          95-125) door opening: single frame irradiance map
          121-200 room2. door1 opened :saved irradiance map r2.irmap

the 5 frame overlap on either end is just to do a very quick blending fade. its not really neccisary though.

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Hey Daelf thanks for this tip with the iradiance map it will be useful too, but the question in the beginning was about photon map. Now I have three different photon files, .....hmm and I need just one to use it as secondary bounces for the animation. My 1gb ram cant handle those 12.800.000 photons together, max density is 15.
            It seems I will have to make 3 anims and merge them in one in after effects!!

Other ideeas?

Comment

Working...
            X