Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over ride max and materials

hi every1,
    i'm sure this question poped up somewhere sometime but i surfed the forums and haven't found my answer.
    i have a vRay glass material and i understand that the color of reflect/refract control their intensities.ok, now, 2 things:
    1/ when i check the over ride max's reflect/refract button on the system menu than i get no transperancy whatsoever, it usually gives off black.
    why is that? do you normally keep this button checked out?
    2/ when trying to build my own glass material how do i get transparency? do you use the "maps" section below?

thanx again for all your help...KC

1 When you just check the override it's default is black. The override doesn't change anything to do with the material locally. It overrides the standard MAX environment settings so whatever the color or map in this area will be the environment reflected/ refracted.
    2 No, you don't have to (with a VRayMat), basicly just set refraction/ reflection to white and turn on Fresnel reflections. The default IOR should be fine.

--Jon

Comment

thanx a lot jon! take care...KC

Comment

No problem For future reference though try the great search function of this forum for simple questions like this.

--Jon

Comment

Working...
        X