No announcement yet.

grainy aluminum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but DVD drives are way out of this world? were they polished? they never reflect like that... thats the first thing punched my eye... ouch
    still wip status....

it's because of the blend material, the material with the logos has reflection the dvd material has no reflection as you can see in the ohther parts of the dvd. in the whole scene is still a lot to do! the desk has strange errors also...

I will post the final image in the image upload section when its ready maybe in one or two weeks.

greetz,
    noobert

Comment

I just created a chamfered box on a Vray plane and applied a soft reflecting metal material to it. When rendered, with various settings, I always get grain.

Any tips?

the higher the refl. subdivisions of the mat the less is the grain.
      hope it helps!

greetz,
      noobert

Comment

do you guys use reflection interpolation with this value?

i had my refl subdivs at 30 without interpolation and it was causing VERY VERY long render times.

now im testing with interpolation and it seems faster....but grainy. Argg!

Comment

yes the refl subdivs are important with interpolation. you need very high numbers for it to look good

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
          X