IRR Map saving info...Please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRR Map saving info...Please help!!

Hey guys...I know I have been pestering people out here a lot....but being a newbie....I really look forward to whatever help you all can lend.....I have to finish a shopping mall animation for my office and am confused about saving Irr Maps...you see, the light situation i.e. the no. of spots keeps on changing from one corridor to another....i will be rendering on a single pc mostly....how do i save the irr map ?I would really appreciate if someone could give me a step by step procedure.... I would also like to know if we click on "save to file" first and then select "Add to Map" and other options or is it the other way round?? Natty...someone??...thx in advance guys....

cheers,
    Farhan
    Show me how to do that...please!!!

Hey Fahran,

I'm not sure what you mean by "the number of spots changing", but usually in an animation, you render every 5th or 10th frame ish (depending on how fast the camera moves, the faster the camera the more frames you need to calculate the irradiance map with). Set the irr map to be "multiframe incremental" and have save to file turned on.

It's also a good idea to have "don't render final image" turned on in the Global Switches panel too...

When it's rendered all these frames, you need to switch the "don't render final image" off, turn on "load irradiance map from file" and select the file you've saved..

And off you pop...

Famous last words..

D
    - - - - - -
    http://www.shove-media.com
    - - - - - -

Comment

hey dose, thx mate for your timely reply...I am sure I will be able to work it out now....thx again...appreciate that
      Show me how to do that...please!!!

Comment

Working...
      X