Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxmell Render - Super Slow

Hey...maybe you saw it !
    First sreenshot of the Maxwell Render on max...pretty strange ! and bad publicity...

look at the rendering time in the DOS frame...120 minutes !!!
    for only 320 x 240 pixels and quality "normal" for such a poor scene !
    I don't even imaging the Highest quality on highres with billions polys !
    better build by your own the scene and take a photo !

i'am joking...pretty impatient to try it anyway...Does anyone purchase it ?

OK !!!

I'am totally wrong...sorry !
    I remember now that, one of the originality of Maxwell is that one of the setting is the rendering time...ok !

BUT, still 4% of the render is achieve in 328 secondes...so, by hypothese, the rendering progress in linear ( not sure at all, all the problem of maxwell maybe ) anyway, the scene will be render in 136 minutes...still !!!

and who want to spend 120 minutes on 320 x 240 for such a scene !

Comment

yeah but look at the awesome light interplay between objects? oh wait thats just GI...sorry

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hey... Ironic ??

...are you talking about the screen shot or the super nice renders on their website ?...

Comment

haha it doesn't matter, it was a joke that applied to either or neither, both or none...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

remember that if you ask lightscape for a 100% solution, it will compute forever.. but if you ask it for just 90%, you'll get awesome results in few minutes/hours depending of the scene. that's somewhat how maxwell works and it can be VERY efficient...

Comment

remember that if you ask lightscape for a 100% solution, it will compute forever.. but if you ask it for just 90%, you'll get awesome results in few minutes/hours depending of the scene. that's somewhat how maxwell works and it can be VERY efficient...
              Yeah, but the lower quality Lightscape results are usable. Lower quality in Maxwell will be noisy and UNusable (for my applications). So time highly depends on when the noise has disappeared !!!

Comment

as far as i understand, there no 'lower quality' in maxwell
                again for the targeted market/people with the computation power, saying to the renderer that the rendering will take a certain amount of time is a cool thing. when you come back at work the morning you KNOW the image(s) is(are) computed. i'm sure with a bit of knowledge of the renderer and it's behavior with your hardware, you can setup projects very efficiently. the speed is not everything you know

but i'll be ok to say that this is not a renderer for film or things like that.. exept maybe for ambiant occlusion passes

Comment

I think it is very hard to set render time. Suppose you have an animation with lots of different frames (regarding to complexity) Then you get higher and lower quality frames blended together, right?
                  You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Guys!

Did someone of you use Maxwell?

Comment

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=9430

From, now, we can move to this topic That's the same discussion

Comment

Working...
                      X