Vray 1.45 rendering damn slow !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 1.45 rendering damn slow !

hi, I´ve been using vray 1.45 for the last week, and not only I realized about all the changes done to the interface and workflow but I also noticed
    how much slower the same renderings I had done the week before with 1.09 were.....
    so, I went on looking for all of the possible changes done that may have been slowing the rendering process but I couldn´t really find them....

for instance... I usually used to render with Irradiance map on primary bounces and direct computation on the secondary. I realized that direct computation is now under its original name Quasi monte carlo.
    SO I choose QMC for secondary.....how would this roll up be configured then? I meam subdivs and what I think it was called depth before...
    because the defaults for the qmc are terribly high and I suspect that is the reason why I´m getting such slow renderings...

any other tips that you could tell me regarding this weird slower rendering process??
    Nico---NiCk

All the settings in 1.09 are too high for the 1.45 renderer. For instance, subdiv in the material default to 50, now its 8.

If you can, you may want redo your materials in a new scene, that way all the settings are to the new defaults.

Comment

mmmm I know that....and most of the renders I did with 1.09 were done using 50subivs in materials.....

so that´s not what causing 1.45 to be so slow
      Nico---NiCk

Comment

but 1.45 can be lowered to 8, and there are qmc changes too. In general all settings can be lower in the new builds.

Comment

Working...
        X