Vray Proxy Single or Multiple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Proxy Single or Multiple?

Was wondering... I would think that having one giant single Vray Proxy would be more of an advantage then having several parts of it in smaller Proxy files. How much of an advantage do you gain by doing that?... if at all?

Depends on the face count and number of objects. If you have many smaller objects then it's better to export as a single proxy.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Well the condition I testing with is 5 objects each with approx 2 million polies. They are all interweaving eachother. So... would it be better to make a single 10 million poly object from it? When I render just one of the proxies, it renders fine. When I render all 5, it just takes forever... and I mean forever... 10 hours for the first tick on the first pass of the irradiance pass.

Comment

haha thats hilarious sorry. I can't help but picture some poor intern sitting there in the wee hours of the night, squinting at the monitor just waiting and waiting for a tick to appear.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

that poor intern would be my cat... I set him up to watch my monitor in the morning when I go to work, and he reported back one tick when I got home.

Comment

At least it wasn't a flea.

Comment

hmm, I'd take a flea over a tick anytime
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

Working...
              X