Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DR, Render Farms, MultiComps, BackBurner....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR, Render Farms, MultiComps, BackBurner....

Hi All

I just wanted to get a few things confirmed regarding rendering on multiple computers, I searched threads but cant find the answers.

Please point me in the right direction if Ive missed any threads!

Im using 1.46.10 & Max 6 along with 5 dual xeon machines.

Ok Ive got DR Rendering working and kinda happy with the way that works, but I dont think its stable enough to rely on.

Its fine for test rendering scenes but as for a whole project I would much rather use the max backburner method to drop jobs over to then each computer renders a frame. But due to the new licence system Im not able to have more then 1 max open & use Vray.

I would like to drop a number of jobs to BackBurner and leave them running over night/weekend....

This will enble me to render multiple jobs/projects in one go.

I cant seam to get this working, not sure why maybe is not possible?
    Anyone have any ideas to point me ine the right direction?

Thanks all

Simon
    Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

I would like to drop a number of jobs to BackBurner and leave them running over night/weekend....

This will enble me to render multiple jobs/projects in one go.

I cant seam to get this working, not sure why maybe is not possible?
    Anyone have any ideas to point me ine the right direction?
    How is it your not able to send jobs to backburner and have them render? I do it at home with no problem and I only have 1 vray license.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

The render slaves do not need a license, just start up a backburner server on the boxes you want to render with and it should work.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Both correct, last time I tried must have been a lower version 1.46.09 maybe? Or just me more like!

Sorry!

So what about BackBurner queing jobs to render on one machine but using Vray DR?

Is that just me being stupid as well?

Thanks for ya help Si
        Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

last I heard you couldn't use backburner to queue up DR jobs. Sure would be nice though.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Thanks Percy & RErender all is clear now.

You CAN use BackBurner to render with multiply computers & Vray 1.46.10

But You CANT stack up jobs in BackBurner & use Vray DR using one main comp to load DR and the other as slaves.

Glad I got that cleared up !

Comment

Working...
            X