convert material plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert material plugin

There is any plugin to convert phongs materials to vray materials?

Thanks

There isn't such out-of-the-box since Phong materials are supported.
    Is there a particular reason why you would like to convert Phong to VRayMtl?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
      There isn't such out-of-the-box since Phong materials are supported.
      Is there a particular reason why you would like to convert Phong to VRayMtl?
      Phong do all that vrmatl does? can I conect all vray nodes in phong node??

Comment

You can use the free script V-Ray Tuner to convert all sorts of shaders to a VRayMtl.

Cheers, Florian
        Florian von Behr
        CG Supervisor
        The Scope GmbH
        Behance

Comment

Originally posted by TheScope View Post
          You can use the free script V-Ray Tuner to convert all sorts of shaders to a VRayMtl.

Cheers, Florian
          thank you !!

Comment

Originally posted by Tharso View Post

Phong do all that vrmatl does? can I conect all vray nodes in phong node??
            Yes, textures should work just fine. Can you be more specific what type of V-Ray Nodes you would like to connect?

Comment

I think that any converter to move from "maya" materials to Vray materials, but also from Vray materials back to maya materials would be very handy. Sometimes, for what ever reason, you just have to quickly do this. It would be nice to have that tool which gathers just the classic material parameters and attached textures.
              www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

May I know more information about the reason for the conversion? Perhaps for using materials with our render engines?

Comment

Resurection an old topic
                  One thing is to convert a standard material to Vray... one other thing, which seems not so easy, is to convert back a Vray material to a standard one, if you need to export to another app. At least have a one button solution to keep the diffuse, reflection, refraction, bump, maps and properties. That would be very handy when a client asks for an export for whatever reason....
                  www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

Originally posted by waaazoo View Post
                    Resurection an old topic
                    One thing is to convert a standard material to Vray... one other thing, which seems not so easy, is to convert back a Vray material to a standard one, if you need to export to another app. At least have a one button solution to keep the diffuse, reflection, refraction, bump, maps and properties. That would be very handy when a client asks for an export for whatever reason....
                    I was wondering what the possibilities are for converting Vray materials (incl. vraymaps) to standard materials for export purposes.
                    3dsMax 2024 | Vray 6 (Update 2) | AMD 5950X | 128GB | RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
                    X