Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get only Shadows from other objects, no self-shadows? (in order to add shadows on photogrammetry with already baked in lighting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get only Shadows from other objects, no self-shadows? (in order to add shadows on photogrammetry with already baked in lighting)

Hi,

does someone know, how I could get in rendering shadows from other objects on an asset, nut no self shadowing?

Attached an example of a sphere which gets a shadow from a cube.
    I only want the cubes shadow on the sphere, but not the own shadow of the sphere.

When I turn off "cast shadows" in the "render stats" (maya), then still the shadows on the object itself keep.

I also tested with renderelements, but did not find a solution.

Thanks for advice...

I think you should better try to get rid of the shadows in the texture. Substance alchemist has an ai based delighter maybe that would help. https://docs.substance3d.com/sadoc/d...172823952.html
    German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Hi Ihno, thanks, I know the substance delighting, but this is not what I am searching for.
      There are many situations, where you need to keep the image exactly as it is (and it also could be a movie on a backplate!) and the only thing you need is the shadow on it.
      In movie VFX it is very common to map real scenes on geometry, the workflow is called 2,5D.

Comment

Working...
      X