vray standalone render fails when run from inside python on linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray standalone render fails when run from inside python on linux

Im trying to run a os.system() or subprocess.call() in python to execute vray standalone.
    It always fails.
    When I run the exact same command line in a shell terminal the render works.
    Ive tried to create a render.bash script file in python. and run it from inside python
    with os.system('/bin/bash render.bash') or subprocess.call('/bin/bash render.bash, shell=True) but the render fails.
    There is no error message created..

Any ideas?

I am just guessing here, but perhaps you have some resources limits (memory or cpu) configured for python, or the active user? Then the spawned processes inherits these limits and fails...???

Comment

Turns out it was my mistake.
      The python script was writing a text file just before the system call to vray.
      The text file was a list of vrscene files that were to be used in rendering.
      Multiple #include lines.
      That text file was not being properly closed() just before the system call to vray.
      Once I made sure it was closed() vray stand alone rendered correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by willanielewicz View Post
        Turns out it was my mistake.
        The python script was writing a text file just before the system call to vray.
        The text file was a list of vrscene files that were to be used in rendering.
        Multiple #include lines.
        That text file was not being properly closed() just before the system call to vray.
        Once I made sure it was closed() vray stand alone rendered correctly.
        Glad you figured it out. Without closing (or flushing) it likely hadn’t actually been written to disk yet.

Comment

Working...
        X