Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plant interior help

Hi,

I need help on this rendering issue: Every time I render plants on a bright background, the amount of foliage shrinks or just completely disappears.
    I just can't wrap my head around to fixing this issue. I'm using V-Ray for SketchUp 4.20.03.

I have attached some of my render outputs for reference.

Thanks,
    Attached Files

My first guess is that it is a combination of the reflected environment and also the depth of field erosion in those areas - plus I guess the resolution will play some part.
    If you disable dof is it 'thicker'?
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
      My first guess is that it is a combination of the reflected environment and also the depth of field erosion in those areas - plus I guess the resolution will play some part.
      If you disable dof is it 'thicker'?
      My dof is already disabled and it still comes out the same. I also usually just render at 1080 due of time constraints.
      I haven't encountered any of these issues with the older versions with V-ray and I'm still trying to feel my way with this new version. I'm still confused with the settings and stuff.

Comment

Hi, what happens if you tone down the Highlight burn value in the VFB to 0? Can you see better what's going on then?
        You could try to check Sub-pixel mapping in the Color mapping tab to see if that has some effect as it looks like your bright pixel are "eating" into the fine geometry of the leaves. And just for the sake of testing try to clamp the output to 1 next to it. That shouldn't be the workflow though, just see if that improves something
        Maybe it's the shader that is reflecting the bright parts behind and this way melts together with the background.
        I would first assign a simple basic material grey or black material, without translucency, reflection, transparency and so on in order to see if it is somehow shader related.
        Last edited by JonasNöll; 13-10-2020, 05:40 AM.
        Check out my FREE V-Ray Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by JonasNöll View Post
          Hi, what happens if you tone down the Highlight burn value in the VFB to 0? Can you see better what's going on then?
          You could try to check Sub-pixel mapping in the Color mapping tab to see if that has some effect as it looks like your bright pixel are "eating" into the fine geometry of the leaves. And just for the sake of testing try to clamp the output to 1 next to it. That shouldn't be the workflow though, just see if that improves something
          Maybe it's the shader that is reflecting the bright parts behind and this way melts together with the background.
          I would first assign a simple basic material grey or black material, without translucency, reflection, transparency and so on in order to see if it is somehow shader related.
          Hello, I tried all of your suggestions but still ended up with the same output. I also tried to remove the double-sided material on the leaves.
          I just had to send it to my client this morning since I had no more time to fix it.

Here's what the output looked like with just generic material, 0 burn value and clamped to 1. I tried it with my other projects and still ended up with the same results.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X