Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to randomize bitmaps set in a checker map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to randomize bitmaps set in a checker map?

Hi,
    I'm struggling to achive some effect on material map.

I don't know if it is possible to do with Vraymulitsubtex and VrayUVWradnomizer, I've tried many approches but with no result.
    Bsically I want a mosaic of random bitmaps in a checker map.

Inside blacks - one set of bitmaps, randomized.
    Inside whites - other ser of bitmaps, randomized (but rotated by 90 degrees).

Maybe somebody could give my some clues or adivce.... mayby some idea how can this can be done even without vray maps?

Would this approach work? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D22G...earningChannel
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Unfortunatelly it doesn't (i've seen that video).
      I want a set of many different bitmaps (or 3dmax maps if possible) randomly feed into dfitterent tiles...

Comment

Hi piotrglabski. I've put together a shader that I think does what you were aiming for. Not sure it's the best method but hey... it works The only thing is that you need bercon tiles and the multitexture map from cg source. I also attached a max file for you to play with the settings I only have max 2022, hope you won't have problems with the file version. Cheers!
        scene_max 2022.zip
        Attached Files
        pixel bender @ panoptikon

Comment

Hi, although I didn't get exactly what I wanted with your setup, I was able to change some things and finnaly achive what I wanted - and the bercon maps did the trick.
          You were most helpful - thank you very much!

Comment

Glad it helped. I'm sure someone else could have thought of a better setup, but this was the first thing that came to mind at the moment.
            pixel bender @ panoptikon

Comment

Working...
            X