Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Matching with EVO 2 DRONE

Good morning.
    I have images taken with an EVO II Pro Drone. I am having trouble matching the camera with a model.
    I have modelled the existing with the OS Maps and levels etc, to set up a base, but still it's not quite right.
    It's a still image I am after, the camera lens is a EFL 28.6mm.
    Has anybody any experience matching this lens.
    Thank you

phil

Hi, thanks for posting.
    I think you thread is better suited in the Chaos Common, Tutorials, Tips & Tricks section. I will move it if you allow me.

From what I know there is a fisheye distortion when doing drone photos. Have you taken any steps to deal with it? Please explain your workflow in a bit more details.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for the reply, Sometimes when a post is put into another section........they never get any traffic whats ever, hence the reason I put in the main area.

The work flow is the usual. I have set up the aspect ratio correctly, and tried the match the camera info for the drone file.
      How does one set up a fisheye lens in Vray, it does not appear on the roll outs ( GPU ANYWAY, I SEE IT IN CPU SETUP)?
      Thank you

Phil
      Last edited by philip kelly; 16-05-2023, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by philip kelly View Post
        Thank you for the reply, Sometimes when a post is put into another section........they never get any traffic whats ever, hence the reason I put in the main area.

The work flow is the usual. I have set up the aspect ratio correctly, and tried the match the camera info for the drone file.
        How does one set up a fisheye lens in Vray, it does not appear on the roll outs ( GPU ANYWAY, I SEE IT IN CPU SETUP)?
        Thank you

Phil
        You should lens correct the image in PS before using it in 3Ds max to remove the fish eye effect. Depending on how pronounced the distortion is this can make it hard to match the backdrop perfectly.
        pixel bender @ panoptikon

Comment

Thank you for that, but using what profile to correct it? I have tried that an it made no difference, So i am thinking it needs a LCP Lens correction profile to do this?
          forgive my ignorance on this.
          Thank you again.
          Phil

Comment

Ok went searching and found a LCP on the Autel site.
            learning curve here, thank you for the help.
            You learn something every day in this job.Phil

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I open the images in Camera Raw and it usually identifies the lens by default. Glad you sort it out!
              pixel bender @ panoptikon

Comment

Ok Good to know ,thank you , didn't match perfectly, but worked around it.

Comment

Working...
                X