HDRI Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDRI Lighting

I see that there are studio HRDI's in the cosmos library. Does anyone know of a good spot for tutorials on how best to use them for 3ds max?

I see that there are studio HRDI's in the cosmos library. Does anyone know of a good spot for tutorials on how best to use them?

Comment

I see that there are studio HRDI's in the cosmos library. Does anyone know of a good spot for tutorials on how best to use them?

Comment

Comment

Hi, thanks for contacting us. I have collected your four threads here. Please avoid posting multiple threads in multiple sections for the same thing. I also noticed you have an older thread about the same question.
          The forum has a lot of threads regarding hdri lighting and also on the internet there is plenty of information.
          If you'd like send us a reference look that you are aiming at and a work in progress scene and we can help with tips to improve it.
          Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank for all your help and sorry for spamming all the other forums, still figuring everything out.

Yes, please see the attached file. I'm basically trying to achieve the most realistic lighting I can, any help or insight would be greatly beneficial and appreciated!
            Attached Files

Comment

I see that you used the Chaos Cosmos "Studio 005" HDRI setup. With it I got pretty good results, only removed the wrongly scaled bump from the metal shader.
              Can I upload an image here? Are they confidential? Please be more specific about what you do not like regarding lighting. In my opinion "Studio 005" does a pretty good job the way it is set up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2023-06-02_17-46-02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.4 KB ID:	1182558

Comment

Yes, please feel free to upload anything you'd like.

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
                I see that you used the Chaos Cosmos "Studio 005" HDRI setup. With it I got pretty good results, only removed the wrongly scaled bump from the metal shader.
                Can I upload an image here? Are they confidential? Please be more specific about what you do not like regarding lighting. In my opinion "Studio 005" does a pretty good job the way it is set up.

Click image for larger version Name:	3dsmax_2023-06-02_17-46-02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.4 KB ID:	1182558

Comment

This is the test render from your scene. Please share what aspect of the lighting needs improving in your opinion and also please try to improve it in your scene instead of waiting for someone else to do it.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	1181966_test.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1182769

Comment

Working...
                  X