Interior Glare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Glare

How do you guys handle light glare for your interiors? Most often, I have windows opposite things like a stainless fridge. Do you expose one for the space and another for the fridge? Lowering the highlight burn works, but it gets so dull it doesn't look correct. I don't mind glare, so maybe blend the two?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Hi, thanks for posting. I moved your thread to "tips and tricks" section as this fits the topic much better than our V-Ray for 3ds Max section. I hope you don't mind.
    You could reduce the glare from a shiny object by changing the lighting setup, changing the material or using post techniques as the highlight burn you mentioned. Moving the camera slightly can make big difference as well.
    Please share an example, this will benefit the discussion greatly.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

In real world photography you would reduce the contrast ratio by either putting neural density film on the windows, or by adding more light inside. (Or with double exposure tricks- day and night. )

You could reduce the sun, or bump up the interior lighting until the contrast is inside the desired range.

Comment

Working...
      X