Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning to render photorealistic

Hi everyone!

I'm really looking for something like an online course or tutorial to help me improve my Vray render skills. At the moment I work with Sketchup and Vray on my MacBook Pro M3Pro and when I'm done with adjusting the settings, I have the possibility to render on a Windows Machine with GPU. (Also wondering how you guys are working with the Swarm function on a Windows machine).

With my own interior studio I make interior designs and renders. It is important that the renders will give a good visual of what the reality is going to be. And at the moment I am okay with the renders that I produce. All the time I'm looking for how to improve, how to make it more realistic, how can I learn more. But I have the feeling I'm a little stuck here.
    I added some of my renders in the attachments so you have an impression of my work. I just don't really know how to improve my renders any further, while everywhere around me all I see is more beautiful and realistic renders.

Then, what I also wonder is, how do you make an animation with Vray? Have tried it many times but it was never any good.

I hope that you maybe have some suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Greetz,
    Sharon

Hi! Your renders look very pretty now!
    So in my opinion, one thing that always improves rendering is setting up the camera on an eye level. That would be my first advice - try different perspective, lower, and try keeping all vertical lines truly vertical and parallel (paraller projection option).
    The other thing is details. Really pay attention to this - for example dining table has vertical wood pattern on all edges. Should be horizontal on two sides and parallel to the top surface. Also try adding 'grout' space to the floor (just like tiles) and add bump. Looks very flat now. And last thing from me - turn on Light mix in vray and play with strength of different lights to add deepness to the scene. Hope some of it helps

Comment

I am an old-timer on the forum. The best advice I got was to pick up a camera and go out and take photos. It has since become a hobby for me and is the most significant thing that has improved my renderings. You can browse through interior design magazines and see how they take photos. We create environments to photograph on the computer.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
        I am an old-timer on the forum. The best advice I got was to pick up a camera and go out and take photos. It has since become a hobby for me and is the most significant thing that has improved my renderings. You can browse through interior design magazines and see how they take photos. We create environments to photograph on the computer.
        Great tip, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by joanna_kulpa View Post
          Hi! Your renders look very pretty now!
          So in my opinion, one thing that always improves rendering is setting up the camera on an eye level. That would be my first advice - try different perspective, lower, and try keeping all vertical lines truly vertical and parallel (paraller projection option).
          The other thing is details. Really pay attention to this - for example dining table has vertical wood pattern on all edges. Should be horizontal on two sides and parallel to the top surface. Also try adding 'grout' space to the floor (just like tiles) and add bump. Looks very flat now. And last thing from me - turn on Light mix in vray and play with strength of different lights to add deepness to the scene. Hope some of it helps
          Thanks for your tips. At the moment I'm really playing with all the different options and perspectives with your tips in consideration. And I think the renders look a little more realistic than before.

Comment

Originally posted by sharon_huisjes View Post

Thanks for your tips. At the moment I'm really playing with all the different options and perspectives with your tips in consideration. And I think the renders look a little more realistic than before.
            Glad to see I helped somehow. In general I'm not very focused on realistic rendering, but my job taught me some tricks. I have to prepare a lot of renderings in short time and I figured out how to achieve some level of realism very quickly. And I just thought about one more detail you can try which is making little gaps between objects. For example when you place something on the floor, lift it 1 or 2 mm above the floor. Usually in reality there's a dark line of shadow between objects standing on the floor because things rarely are cut at 90 degrees. Just like glorybound said, look at the photos or just look around you and examine how things realte to each other.
            I also often exaggerate some elements when modeling. Like gaps between cabinet door especially when furniture is dark.
            Also I recommend using vray materials for fabrics! I think they work very well and if they match your design definitely try them!
            PS I think you forgot curtain rail (this is the kind of detail that makes your project look real!)

Comment

Working...
            X