Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRay Sun, Sky and Physical Camera video tut + Bonus Script!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• script

voltron7 seems to be answering for me or I am answering for voltron7. I'll set up a simple scene and run the script. If it doesn't work I'll email it to you.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• interior test

Well, if I did this correctly than I posted an interior WIP that I tested out LeLe's method on. I did have to adjust the camera settings differntly from the tut to let more light spread. Some of the materials with bitmaps I adjusted the bitmap "output rgb level" to .5. all other materials were at .255 for the color. The walls are supposed to be pure white and I think it looks pretty close...It was difficult to find a balance between to much burn at exterior windows and too dark overall. This was done with reinhard color mapping, burn val .8. I will try it too with linear, 1,1,1 and see what happens...
      Thanks again for the Tut LeLe.

Also I must say that the method works great for exteriors without having to stray off the Tutorial.

Here's one with a small amount of post, just to test...

Comment

• linear

Here is a test with linear color mapping @ 1,1,1

please feel free to C&C or simply suggest. Thanks!

Comment

• i may be viewed as bias made person, nevertheless, they look like pictures of an indoor taken against strong light
          I personally prefer the 1,1,1, with corrections to be done in post, if so the lighter wishes.
          Nice sample

Lele

Comment

• Thanks LeLe,

I must say I like the 1,1,1 better as well.
            Side note: I had your light lister in my quad menu and max crashed. Now it's gone from the quad. Should I worry about it or just put it back in?

I'm still working on this scene...will post more if anything looks good, hehehe.
            Thanks for comments, scripts and the tutrial.

Comment

• Eheh, most welcome dude

Btw, the Light Lister is Dynedain's, not mine...
              I tried, and failed, at it

Try, anyways, readding it to the quad via "customize UI", see if it works.

Lele

Comment

• Oh, oops, sorry Dynedain

I put it back into my quad and then saved the gui as the startup, now it's always there

Thanks again.

LeLe, I've been having good success with your exposimeter script, nice work!

Comment

• @ glorybound
                  I am sorry but I don't get errors using these scripts from LeLe
                  Good luck maybe it's a 64 issue?

Comment

• interior

Here is an update using using this method. This one has some IES lights and a vray plane light, too. Did some post and added BG, hope it's not too boring, still being designed...

Comment

• looks good voltron, maybe the burnt area where the direct sunlight is hitting the floor is too blown out
                      Chris Jackson
                      Shiftmedia
                      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• Hey jacks02, thanks, I will work on cooling that area down. Thanks for the feedback, it is very helpful to get other's eyes on things. I hope I'm not overposting tests here, but I wanted to show this could work for interiors...

Thanks,
                        JR

Comment

• well, more trials later and I think the burn is only a tad high, but not much. I'm trying to have it look similar to this photo I saw here http://www.burningwell.org/gallery2/...454_2.jpg.html
                          the area at bottom of stair looks very burnt to me...

To lower that burn a lot sticking with linear, my space was getting too dark, IMO. Thanks

Comment

• I agree with you, Voltron (whichever of the 7).
                            Burns are burns, and they are present in every interior picture where the sun shines...
                            Only with a 1.0 method they get toned down more easily, but that's hardly something one could do with a physical camera in real life.

This said, the method discussed in here will make them all the more prominent compared to a 1.0 diffuse level render.

Lele

Comment

• hehehe, 7 is old from a nickname, but online there are too many already so i settled for "7."

I like this way, I just hope the client does, as well.

JR

Comment

• WIP using LeLe's method

Here's a WIP for an architect I'm doing using this .255 method! It's working great IMO and is predictable, too. Many thanks LeLe. Also, I will add that this .255 method, as stated by others is really ideal for exteriors...vraysun/sky and physical cam.

Comment

Working...
                                X