Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRay Sun, Sky and Physical Camera video tut + Bonus Script!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WIP using LeLe's method

Originally posted by voltron7
    Here's a WIP for an architect I'm doing using this .255 method! It's working great IMO and is predictable, too.
    Yeah, what i love of this method is how under control GI is.
    Look in the folds of the roof layers how GI isn't doing anything bad.
    ALWAYS like so when using the method.
    So easy to set up and deal with....

Again, VERY BIASED opinion, take with a pinch or two of salt...

L.

Comment

• Great tutorial, But Im having trouble understanding how to treat a bitmap in the enviroment slot.

Obviously incresing the output of it cranks up the GI it creates, but it is waaaaaaaaaay darker than everything else.

Comment

• Is the RGB Level on the Output area of a Bitmap the equivalent to the RGB Multiplier in the VRayColor? Would the RGB Level be .255 for this particular method?

Edit: Ran the script and noticed that it changed that particular value, so that answers my question!

Comment

• Yes.
          It will change the colour (where no map is present) to a vray colour, and change the map multiplier.
          It will change bitmaps and any map with an RGB output value accordingly.
          But it will also slot any map which has no RGB output parameter (say, a simbiont, a compound map, anything) into an output map to be able to change the RGB Output multiplier.

As for the bitmaps RGB values for the background, there's a few posts in the thread that explain why the multiplier should be so high, and what exactly a multiplier should be for a given HDR (or LDR, for that matter) bitmap.

Lele

Comment

• http://www.vrayelite.com/lele/leleTut.php

Posterous kindly uploaded these tuts on VRayElite.
            Cheerio man!

Lele

Comment

• Thanks for the tutorial. I have to watch it a few more times and probably take some notes, but I hope this will clear up my confusion with VraySun, Sky, Camera & LWF. Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by studioDIM
                http://www.vrayelite.com/lele/leleTut.php

Posterous kindly uploaded these tuts on VRayElite.
                Cheerio man!

Lele
                Avi 2 and 3 are not working. Am I missing something?

Comment

• My 2Cents

Great informative base for the techical. I reallying think in our world
                  the light intensity changes all the time. You would be able to see it
                  if you have the capablity of a camera that could fix it's appeture and
                  shutter speed. at 385 Intensity would be that the sun is overhead any
                  change in angle ... time of the day ... cloudy or not would change that
                  value.

My conclusion, a good picture rely mostly on the taste ,judgement ,
                  experience of an individual. Nontheless knowing the technical aspect
                  of control we can have to fake the complicated fuction and behavior
                  of light to the human eye is crucial for the next project.

And of course to break a rule or two for the sake of art ....

Victor NSY
                  Studio Max 2009 x64
                  X5000 Chipset | Dual Core Intel 5140 | 4G RAM | Nvidia FX3450 drv 6.14.10.9185

Comment

• eh?

L.

Comment

• +1

Comment

• AMAZING!

thank you for your work and sharing it with us. Both the videos and the scripts.

and don't be so timid about the talk, I've seen professional tutorials done much worse, this is good.

only problem I get when converting a previous done scene is that the colors are all oversaturated, while the preview done with your exposimeter looks fine.
                        Any idea what has gone awry?

Comment

• Most likely it's the gamma/colormapping settings.
                          The exposimeter is set to disable any, and render a linear preview.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words

Lele

Comment

• yes you are right, thanks.

In the course of this I discovered that max apparently can't handle gamma corrections with png files, which mean that all my foliage bitmaps has to be converted to something else than png for this workflow. I'm slightly tired of max misbehaving.

Comment

• For those who might have missed the change, from now on, direct PMs and questions relating to this to me.

The user studioDIM is no longer checked by me, and will likely not answer any pm.

Thanks for your understanding.
                              Lele
                              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                              ----------------------
                              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• noobie.....
                                Chris Jackson
                                Shiftmedia
                                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
                                X