suurlands beetle rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suurlands beetle rendering

does anyone know how the setup for suurland beetle rendering is?

tried some things with hdr and the sphere he described in the making of.

could not do it with vray..

any suggestions??

regards
    s.wolf

sphere? well. he did render it in vray. so it should work. maybe its just your materials that are wrong

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

as a former fr user i know how to exclude something from the msp tree.

but i could not figure it ou how to do with vray. hdr for lighing and reflecting, a sphere for diffuse shadow and background...

regards
      s.wolf

Comment

he used an inverted sphere for a skylight when he rendered it in fR i believe. dont need to do that in vray

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Did he use vray for that render? You talking about the black beetle? Thought he used fR.

Comment

i am talking about the green beetle, i think he used the same technique in vray. the black one is fr.

regards
            s.wolf

Comment

Not sure either, but thesphere technique used in fR was to overcome some of the issues that you have when rendering HDRI environments. Those are not issues in Vray, and I believe that he might have simply used a regular envionment light, either via and envionment map, or via the environment overwrite in the rendering dialogue box.

Comment

yeah. stage-0 was not good for skylight and a sphere technique was needed. the black is fR the green is vray

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

i think the sphere was used to get this soft gradient background with shadows on the floor. the hdri was used for reflections and lighting.

but how do i exclude the sphere from the hdri lighing?

regards
                  s.wolf

Comment

simple...dont use a sphere. just have a white background or gradient or whatever you want. use a plane for the ground and make that a matte shadow properties. then put your hdri into your skylight and reflection slot.

Comment

worked!!

thx elf, tried for hours, but now its fine!

regards
                      s.wolf

Comment

Working...
                      X