Darktree materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darktree materials

In the M7's tut on"Darktree materials" ve are prompted to change the value of Reflectivity another than 0:
    Do we have to do that one by one?
    What value is suggested to flip with or anithing goes?
    What about glosiness,self-ilum.,etc. when they are set to 0?
    Thank you!

Usually any other value than 0 suffices, but I advise to only turn it up a tiny bit (like to 0.1), because then you've turned it on and can control the actual reflection amount by putting a VRay map in the Reflection map slot and adjust the reflection color/map to your liking. That's easier than having to tune the reflectivity value in the Simbiont data file.

Cheers,

/\/\etin
    Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

Hallo

there´s another way to get darktreetextures into vray.

we had the idea of using darktrees for texturebaking in max 5.1 the problem was, it didnt work together with radiosity.

we solved it by using phyta, like described on the darktree website. together with a little script you also get on the darktree website, it is very easey to split complex darktrees in several maps, that you can use together with radiosity and also with vray advanced materials.

for example a wood floor gets splitted into wood-diffus, wood-bump and wood-specular. theese maps you can put into your vray mapslots, using the simbiont max map.

works good.

greetings from Hamburg
      Tom

Comment

Sounds like an interesting alternative!

Thanks and cheers,

/\/\etin

Comment

Hey Tom,
          How about a little tutorial on loading darktree's into vray? Or maybe a url where I can find that script you mentioned? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Hi Wulfi

Right now theres realy no time for me. we are about to render a very big job the first time for my company. about five million polygons, Gi , softshadows and glossy reflections for an animation (hopfuly it will not crash). Right now each day about 16 to 18 hours work, and after this my litle son is waiting for me.

but you might remember me in two weeks.

Tom

Comment

Sorry, but... where is the M7 tutorial?

Comment

http://www.vray.info/entry.asp?entryID=98

Cheers,

M7

Comment

but one I edit the simbiont data file (reflection param to anything other than 0), the file is no longer usable, all parameters are blanked out and it gets blue (literally) on the rendering (instead of floor for example)... ????

Comment

Maye you've used a comma in stead of a point or vice versa? It sounds like a syntax error disables Simbiont to interpret the data.

Cheers,

Metin

Comment

no I've tried both of them... but I don't need that anymore... I found out the shellac material to be quite good solution...

Comment

Working...
                      X