>>>>>VIDEO WARNING: BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>>>>VIDEO WARNING: BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED<<

Due to the overwhelming popularity of the the Evermotion VRay videos, the bandwidth allowance on the host server has been exceeded. Please contact x@dtoxx.com for a user name and password to access the files.

what was your bandwidth limit?
    5 years and counting.

Comment

30GB/month

Comment

I regret to inform everyone that I did not expect such a large number of hits on my server for the video tutorials. I let everyone down, and I'm extremely sorry. I didn't mean to mislead PENdzel or anyone else at Evermotion. I was just trying to help out, but now instead of making friends, I've made enemies. I wish that feelings weren't so hard on this one, but I suppose there's nothing I can do about it.

I am truly sorry - this is my public apology. Please forgive the terrible inconvenience that I've caused everyone. This is the best I could offer for free, and I did not ask for anything in return, but Evermotion was kind enough to list me as a sponsor. The files remain on my server and the offer for access via username and password is still open.

Comment

i dont mind, it comes with the territory.

out of curiosity, how much do you pay per month for your host?
          5 years and counting.

Comment

Honestly, I have no clue. It belongs to my company, and the accounts payable dept. handles all that.

Man, I wish these things could go faster and smoother...

Comment

Perhaps you (or me, or anyone else) could make some mirrors for instance at yahoogroups.com. Their limit is quite a bit better and if it's exceeded it'll be reset after 24hrs.

When people join a group the limit gets increased as well. Just a thought

Basically you could make yourself as many mirrors as you wish.

Comment

HELP US - need hosting

Comment

PENdzel basically needs a lot of HD space to fit the vids (at least 500mb +, triple that if they want to mirror the files), and UNLIMITED bandwith. My guess is that this cannot be a shared server - should be dedicated. However, most dedicated server offerings are somewhat expensive. In order to have the vids available online, it would be nice if evermotion could get some financial backing.

Comment

I'm not up on this hosting and server buisiness, I just get paid to make pretty pictures , but ......

When I signed on with my current ISP I got about 50Mb of FTP space free, I've used about 10Mb and would be willing to host about 40Mb of your vids. I dare say even if the links on your site pointed to my FTP area users to your site might not even notice the difference.
                    If a dozen or so of us took a few vids each to host it might get over your problem.

Just a thought, if interested just drop me a line.

Comment

596 i know this but - Evermotion dont have any money..... yog thx but this is small capasity...

Comment

Evermotion is ont a company... this is ArtTeam...

Comment

Might i make a suggestion..

If the videos were all zipped up into one or two packages, this might work out..

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

Basically what it does is distributes the load for the files across every machine that is downloading them at the time.. If these are as popular are they appear, it could be a very good way to filter it all out.. All it really requires is a little love from the users letting the bittorrent stay alive past when the files have been downloaded (to allow others to get it)

Main problem being then with people behind firewalls, but they could be arranged another way i'm sure.

Works better with bigger files, but might be feasable on something smaller.
                          Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Solution

I have contacted PENdzel about my offer to host the videos, the first email i sent him i said i currently had 700mbs of space and unlimited bandwidth.

today i upgraded my FASTHOSTS account so that i now have 1GB of space + 100MB of php database space.

here is a list of the features of the server and features i have:

1.1 gigabytes of space
                            400 Mb/s of Internet connectivity
                            Unlimited bandwidth

all files on my account are housed on multiple servers, so when i upload a file its automatically duplicated for auto backup so there is a 100% uptime all the time !

bring on the videos PENdzel :P

Comment

Working...
                            X