No announcement yet.

Sofa material - soft fabric...any idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sofa material - soft fabric...any idea?

Does anyone have a good setup for some nice fabric material???
    or do you at least know what settings work the best???

Thank in advance

Best regards

Martin

Heres what i do for pretty much all my fabric materials, and its nothing special. I use a standard material. In the self-illum slot I put a mask material. In the mask slot of the mask material, I put a falloff map set to shadowlight. In the map slot of the mask material, I put another falloff map set to fresnel. I then adjust the falloff maps to give it the desired look. Sometimes put a noise map in the falloff map (either one, depending). Finally I checked the box next to the self illum slot (cant recall exactly what option its called, as im at work) so that the falloff gives a white look based upon incidence angle instead of just a brighter shade of your diffuse. Use whatever in the diffuse channel. Hope that helps.

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I am trying it right now...it very crucial to set the right amount of falloff and also the noise plays a big role...

Best regards

Martin

Comment

ill add to that since with GI involved you dont want that self illumination messing up your calculations. so you might want to try a vraywrapper to play with the gi amount. not sure how that would work out though cuz you still want the sheets to emit GI info. just not extra info due to the self illumination

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I've found a great tutorial once, i think i backed it up somewhere but now i cannot find it. It was about making a meterial for a sweater or something blue sweater, if anyone knows it it would be great...

Comment

Working...
          X