Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First version of "The VRay Automator" :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First version of "The VRay Automator" :)

Hi guys,

The first version of my script "The VRay automator" is finished. You can find it here:

http://www.metinseven.com/menu_goodies.htm

Spread the word and lemme know if you've got cool suggestions for the script.

Cheers,

Metin
    Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Stupid question time. What does the script do?

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Comment

It's just a first version. I plan to extend the script when I find the time for it.

Cheers,

Metin

Comment

mmmm .... nice idea but why wouldnt i setup my materials to the way i wanted them right from the start ?
          Natty
          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

A lot of times the used subdivision values turn out to be too heavy when you start your final render in a higher resolution and/or with heavier AA settings. If you then decide to cut down on rendertimes by lowering the reflection and refraction subdivisions, you might have to go through changing a dozen or more materials.

Regarding the BRDF type. I usually prefer Ward, but the default is Phong. Being the scatter-brain that I am I tend to forget changing the type a lot.

I'm planning on extending the script today, adding an option to perform the property change on selected objects as well.

Cheers,

M7

Comment

Re: First version of "The VRay Automator"

hey guys!!! i have recived a error when i try to use your script . What 's it , how to repair it ???
              "--Type error: CreatDialog style requires Array , got :#style_toolwindows"

Comment

Hi,

What did you do before you got the error? Did you enter a certain value or press a certain button? Or did you get the error when trying to run the script itself? I'd like to know more in order to check out the problem.

Also good to know is what version of Max you use. I created the script in Max 6, so I don't know how it behaves in earlier versions. If your nickname here is still justified, I guess Max 4 might be the problem cause.

Thanks and cheers,

Metin

Comment

By the way, the currently active thread about the script can be found here:

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=5224

Cheers,

Metin

Comment

Metin_7 !i get this error when i try run script , i'm using 3ds max6

Comment

ok ok . no problem it's working very good thx Metin_7 , your script is great!

Comment

Thanks! Good to hear that there's no problem with the script.

Cheers,

Metin

Comment

Working...
                        X