V-Ray RT output to Oculus Rift and HTC Vive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
    No not yet. 'Real work' has taken over again and I'll have to wait until I have some spare time to try it again

But you can take over and let me know how you fix it
    I just restarted my machine and now it works, SteamVR says connected to 3ds max once the render starts.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by chadstevens View Post
      I just restarted my machine and now it works, SteamVR says connected to 3ds max once the render starts.

Cheers.
      Bah that's too easy. Where's all the pain and frustration??
      James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
      Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
        Bah that's too easy. Where's all the pain and frustration??
        I know, it's unbelievable!!! Nothing works this easily!

Thanks Chaosgroup

Comment

Is head tracking supported yet? It would be really great if you could walk around your 3D scene similar to Unreal engine, I'm guessing it can be done with scripting similar to the controller setup but there are higher priorities?

Cheers

Comment

Got it working kind of. One comment it orients based on the "Render" button press so if your oculus is pushed up so that you can see the screen it tilts the whole world. A reset orientation key would be nice or to just use the SDK orientation like the menu system. Another problem I ran into was a simple teapot scene and the first render worked but the second render only rendered the front and rear cube faces but nothing for the up/down or right/left cubes. Had to restart max to get it to render again the full cube.
            Gavin Greenwalt
            im.thatoneguy[at]gmail.com || Gavin[at]SFStudios.com
            Straightface Studios

Comment

Just tested the feature on Oculus Rift. It's really nice to dive into my scenes like this. Is it only possible in Active shade mode? I also tried RT Production mode but didn't get a picture on my Rift. Is it possible to render an image first and send it later to the Rift? It would be nice to do a presentation with some pre-rendered images with the rift. I also tried sView but it's not working - only gray matrix visible.
              Olaf Bendfeldt
              3D-Artist
              dimension3+

Comment

Thanks for this. Second the desire for navigational tools.

Comment

Originally posted by dimension3plus View Post
                  Just tested the feature on Oculus Rift. It's really nice to dive into my scenes like this. Is it only possible in Active shade mode?
                  For the moment it only works in ActiveShade mode.

Is it possible to render an image first and send it later to the Rift? It would be nice to do a presentation with some pre-rendered images with the rift.
                  We will probably work on a direct connection between the VFB and the Rift later on, so this may be possible in the future.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                  X