displacement troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• displacement troubles

Hi, I installed Vray for Blender - demo version just today and ran across a problem... or multiple ones, if you will.

I'm modelling a tire for a car model. What I used to do in Modo, was to have a texture of a segment for the treading part of the tire mapped specifically to that area with, let's say 50 repeats in the Y direction of the UV space. Then, I have another map for the tire wall, with all the inscriptions and logos. When I did this in Modo, I was able to either mask and mix these displacements, to get the desired result, or, in Cycles inside blender, I made 2 materials, that only differed in the displacement map they used and it worked nice.
    Since in Vray for Blender, displacement seems to work rather like a deformer, and less than a material property, I'm having trouble masking the effect, constraining it only to the intended parts of the mesh. Is there an easy way to do this?
    Also, the mapping for displacement doesn't seem to work correctly. When I use the texture with the mapping I want in the diffuse slot of the material, it maps correctly. An image map node with the exact same settings, using the same UV map in the Displacement node of the geometry seems to map differently onto the mesh..
    Last edited by Pixelatedvertex; 16-03-2017, 08:27 AM.

Could you post some scenes for tests?
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Hi, sorry, I already managed to do this using blender's displace modifier, that I was able to mask using Vertex Groups.

Comment

Working...
      X