Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preserve mapped Vray materials when creating a detached version of a Revit file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preserve mapped Vray materials when creating a detached version of a Revit file?

I have a previously Workshared file with Vray materials mapped through the Vray Material Browser and am opening a detached version of the file to test alternative options/materials, outside of the shared project. When I open the detached file, all the Vray mappings are lost?

At the moment, I am having to open the original file, screenshot the settings for each mapped material in the 'Material Browser' and recreate them in the newly detached option file.

Is there a way to keep the material mappings when detaching? or is there a similar 'transfer project standards' option for Vray material mappings? I understand if it is a 'normal' (single user) Revit file i could create a direct copy of the original, but when work sharing I need to detach so not to affect the ongoing project.

Thanks,

Hi LCEArchitects,

What you described happens because V-Ray settings are stored per project. As soon as you save a local copy of the workshared file, the V-Ray settings are set to default, as this is a new project.
    The analogical of "Transfer project standards" option is located in the Sharing tab of the V-Ray Settings dialog. Under export options you can select which settings to export. Currently you can export all material, lighting and camera settings. They are saved as an .xml file which you can load in another project later on. It is very easy and you can see it step by step at the beginning of this Quick start tutorial: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...erial+Workflow

Cheers,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Ana,

Thank you! This is exactly what I have been looking for. Moving from a 3Dmax background, we had a workflow with scenes (material, camera setups) that remained constant.

Comment

Happy to hear it
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
        X