Weird mesh structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird mesh structure

I just started using Cosmos in Rhino and love it. I noticed that one of the assets (Books 002) has a weird mesh structure that actually causes it to become invalid.

It's this one: Click image for larger version

Name:	books_002.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1106920

The bottom book is made up of 20 instead of the 12 polygons you would expect. Some vertices seem to be duplicated but differ by like the smallest amount or something.

Can you please check this asset and repair it so it has a proper Mesh structure.

Here is the link to the issue in Rhino: https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/mesh-...rhino/120182/3

If you look at the structure you can see where something has gone wrong:

Here its normal. 8 vertices, 12 faces

Click image for larger version

Name:	books_002_mesh1.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	1106921

But on the bottom one there are 12 vertices and 20 faces!?!?!

Name:	books_002_mesh2.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	1106922

And that's the mesh that is classified as invalid in Rhino.

Thanks for taking a look and fixing!

Hi seltzdesign ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to pinpoint the exact issue with the geometry.
    The asset is fixed now. You'll see an "Update available" label in the Cosmos Browser (for that asset). Just download the update before you import it again.

Best regards,
    Tsetso
    Tsvetan Milanov
    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by tsetso View Post
      Hi seltzdesign ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to pinpoint the exact issue with the geometry.
      The asset is fixed now. You'll see an "Update available" label in the Cosmos Browser (for that asset). Just download the update before you import it again.

Best regards,
      Tsetso
      I can't see any update yet!? Also how do I update an asset that is already marked as downloaded? Or does it automatically re-download those if they were updated?

For me it is showing: Chaos Cosmos • Build: 2021.3.8-187420

Comment

Updating assets is done manually. You have to navigate to the asset you wish to update (Books 002 in this case). You'll see an "Update available" label over the preview image.
        You then have to open the asset details, where you'll find the "Download update" button. See the attached screenshots.

Name:	asset_update.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	440.3 KB
ID:	1106962

After the asset update is downloaded you just have to press the "Import" button and the updated asset will be imported into your project.
        I hope that helps.

Best regards,
        Tsetso
        Attached Files
        Tsvetan Milanov
        Chaos

Comment

Oh, you're right, I somehow missed that the first time around since a while earlier there was an update for Cosmos itself and I was looking for that. All good and fixed now

Thanks for the super quick response!!

Comment

I'm glad everything is fine now. Again, thank you very much for reporting the issue!
            Tsvetan Milanov
            Chaos

Comment

Working...
            X