Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asset not importing correctly after download - I deleted the files, but the asset is still showing as downloaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset not importing correctly after download - I deleted the files, but the asset is still showing as downloaded

how do I remove an asset from the download database/register so I can download it again?

And how do I fix it, if an asset says downloaded, and yet it imports into the scene and there is no actual object?

the

European Horse-Chestnut 001

is giving me problems
    http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Hi, JD3D_CGI,

All downloaded assets are flagged in the locally installed database, so deleting the files only will not automatically mark an item as not downloaded.
    In our next update, we will introduce an option to manually delete assets via the Cosmos UI and re-initiate download of assets.

Until the above is done, what you can do is delete the whole data base with Cosmos content and re-download the assets again.
    I realize that this is inconvenient but it is only temporary solution.

This is how to do it:
    1) Stop the Cosmos Browser processes. To do so, go to the Windows start menu and in the search type in: "Stop Cosmos Browser"
    2) Go to "C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Chaos Cosmos" and delete the contents of the folder. This the default folder for storing Cosmos assets, in your case they might be on a different location.
    3) Start the Cosmos Browser processes. To do so, go to the Windows start menu and in the search type in: "Start Cosmos Browser"

Please, let me know if the problems persist.

Regards,
    Kalina Maneva
    Product Manager
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Working...
    X