Heavy CPU usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy CPU usage

Hi All, first off we're loving the addition of the asset models!

Just wanted to flag up that after adding some models today I noticed some really high usage on a couple of CPU cores so opened the services monitor and it was Cosmos to blame even though I was no longer using it.

Hi jason_cafferty,
    and thanks for pointing us to this problem. We will initiate an investigation on our side. I will let you know if more details are needed.
    Best,
    Kalina Maneva
    Product Manager
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Hi jason_cafferty,
      То help speed up the investigation of this problem, can you, please send us the Cosmos Browser log (cb.log) for review?
      You can find it in folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos

Please, send it to our technical support here: https://www.chaosgroup.com/help/contact and reference this forum post.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,
      Kalina Maneva
      Product Manager
      Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Hello, the same happened to me, my Ryzen 5950x stock was found thermal throttling at 90c for tens of minutes at a time which I didn't even notice at first. The only program using my cpu resources was Chaos Cosmos which I wasnt even using at the time.
        Hope this gets resolved soon and my equipment wasn't damaged.
        Best Regards

Comment

Comment

Hi all,
            this is to let you know that we released a fix to the CPU usage problems in Cosmos Browser build 2021.07.02-207316.
            To upgrade to this latest version, please, go wait for the upgrade notification prompt to appear in Cosmos Browser, or go to ...>About window and update from there.

We hope this will resolve the issue on your side. Let us know if the problems persist.

Regards,
            Kalina Maneva
            Product Manager
            Chaos Cosmos

Comment

At the outset, I would like to point out that I really like the Chaos Cosmos application and I use it often. Unfortunately, all the latest updates do not solve the high power consumption of the Chaos Cosmos App. I have had this problem for a long time, it only helps to disable the application with the command "stop chaos cosmos browser". Usually CPU power consumption is 4-5%, but yesterday I even jumped 11% (I have an AMD Ryzen 9 3950X CPU) Are you working on any fix for this problem, it's annoying because the CPU needs to cool down more and even water cooling doesn't help. it was quieter ... not to mention the increased demand for electricity.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello estheticmind,

It will be great if you send us:
                1. Your Windows version
                2. Cosmos Browser log file – can be found from Cosmos Browser – More menu (the three dots) – About
                3. Your config file – can be found in the same directory as the log file (C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos)
                4. Is it consuming much resources right on startup, or after opening 3DS Max/Sketchup or whichever 3D software that you use?
                5. Does it start consuming much resources right after opening 3DS Max/Sketchup/etc. or after opening the Cosmos Browser?
                6. Any particular reproducible steps will be much appreciated!
                Thank you.

Comment

Just tell me to what address should I send it all?

Comment

Hello estheticmind,

Please, send a ticket to our support on this link: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X