Quality of some new assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality of some new assets

I have some concerns around the quality of the latest batch of assets. The xfrog vegetation is of a much lower level of realism than the Maxtree stuff. The toddy palms, for example, look quite unrealistic.
    I appreciate that it's all free (well, in a way. Although I guess we pay for it indirectly as part of V-ray) but the DesignConnected, Axyz, Vizpark, Maxtree stuff is for the most part excellent. Hard to say the same of Xfrog.

I'm loving Cosmos for the most part, it's awesome, I guess I'd just hate for it to end up like Turbosquid, where you have to filter through a lot of junk and have no guarantee of an assets' quality.

LOL...absolutely must agree with this.
    Some of that new vegetation is laughably awful and have to say I am
    amazed it passed even the briefest QA assessment
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

are xfrog even creating new vegetation? i thought they had long gone.

e: info@adriandenne.com
      w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Hi all,

And thanks for your input. Our goal with Cosmos is to display the diversity and richness of the V-Ray ecosystem, where different vendors have different approach to creating models, and invariably, the final results may vary.
        It is our understanding that different use cases require different level of visual representation and some assets might be more appropriate for close-ups than others.
        We give users a wide choice of options while remaining committed to the overall quality.

That said, we will take a second look at some of the assets mentioned above.
        Also, we will keep into account your opinion as a reference in the next updates to Cosmos content library.

Thanks again for your continuous feedback!

Regards,
        Kalina Maneva
        Product Manager
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by kalina.maneva View Post
          Hi all,

And thanks for your input. Our goal with Cosmos is to display the diversity and richness of the V-Ray ecosystem, where different vendors have different approach to creating models, and invariably, the final results may vary.
          It is our understanding that different use cases require different level of visual representation and some assets might be more appropriate for close-ups than others.
          We give users a wide choice of options while remaining committed to the overall quality.

That said, we will take a second look at some of the assets mentioned above.
          Also, we will keep into account your opinion as a reference in the next updates to Cosmos content library.

Thanks again for your continuous feedback!

Regards,
          True, I can see uses for Xfrog where someone just needs to do a quick pre-vis with different plants. Or perhaps a base model to add their own shaders to.

Definitely not production-quality though.

Comment

Working...
          X