Inserting multiple objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inserting multiple objects

I wonder if its possible to insert multiple objects in the same insert?

Lets say I wan't to populate a scene and I have downloaded some people, then I want to insert them, but I have to click the one I would like, the cosmos window closes I insert the model, click the menu to open cosmos again, and select the next person.....

I guess it's possible, it's just me that cant figure out how :-/

Jorgensen

Hi currently it is not possible. That could be useful functionality in my opinion.
    How do you image for this to be implemented in a bit more details. Maybe the models are to be imported in the active layer of your scene?
    Are you using 3ds max?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir

I use sketchup. Yes the active layer would be fine.

One solution could be adding a frame around selected objects - using ctrl and left click, and then insert them into the model in a kind of grid, or one by one when clicking the mouse.
      Or a solution for now? - somehow keep the cosmos window on top, and prevent it to close when inserting objects.

Jorgensen

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jorgensen_cg,

as per your suggestion, we will implement an improvement and will not close the Cosmos Browser window when you import an asset.
        This will allow you to import multiple assets without friction.

Thanks for the suggestion.
        Kalina Maneva
        Product Manager
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Ah thanks for listening to the suggestion. I hope others will benefit of the change, and that it won’t irritate other users that use cosmos in an other way

Comment

Working...
          X