Cosmos Browser on NAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos Browser on NAS

Hello at Chaos, I recently bought Corona for Cinema4D now shipped with Chaos Cosmos. I changed the path of database on a Lan NAS where I want to store assets...all is fine but when I go on another computer with the same path new downloaded assets doesn't appears...seems there are some refresh issue...any ideas?

edit: I deeply looked into and I noticed that the downloaded database is stored locally and the downloaded data can moved on NAS. So if I move on second computer the downloaded database is different. Storing files on NAS give only the possibility to avoid high storage data in local computer and keep linked proxies. Right?
    Last edited by alessandro_maniscalco; 20-05-2022, 04:13 AM.

Hey there Alessandro,

Your database must be always local. You will have a separate database file on every computer, and that's expected in order Cosmos to operate normally.

What you need to do is to set just your Working Directory (a.k.a. the download directory) to the NAS location, and you should be all settled.

Let us know if that worked.

Comment

Thanks for your replay...very appreciated.
      So, if I move the Assets directory on the NAS I can use Cosmos on other PC...ok that's sound good.
      but, let's me try to make an example:

I downloaded the Assets on my PC1 and the assets is stored on NAS...now I go on my PC2 and I can't see nothing downloaded yet because the DB is local...What's happen if I download the assets again? it will be overwritten? without issue?

Comment

When you change your working directory (a.k.a. download directory) all assets as files remain in your old directory, but when you browse Cosmos you won’t see any of them, unless you download them again.

What you can do is the following:
        1. On PC1, where you've downloaded the assets, copy them to the NAS location where you would like to keep them in the future.
        2. Change the working directory both on PC1 and PC2
        Then you should be able to browse the assets on all computers.

Let us know if this didn't work.

Comment

ok...I need to make some test...I'm using cosmos for the first time here . Last question: what about PATH? because I'm creating a scene with some trees. If I move my scene on PC2 what's happens to the PATH? (forgot about NAS, files now are downloaded locally on PC1)...on attachment picture you can see that path is linked to my PC1, what's happen if I move the project on PC2?

Comment

Unfortunately in this case your Cosmos assets won’t work on PC2 because they will be missing there.

Comment

Thank you so much for your time. I changed cosmos path settings for both PC now I can download assets with right patch. Now I need a tool for to change all proxies path on my actual project. I should be great to have on Corona renderer proxie.

Comment

Working...
              X