Can't import certain materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't import certain materials

Trying to import Metal Painted Red 5cm doesn't work. Nothing appears in the material editor.
    Importing any of the fabrics works fine

Any ideas?

V-ray 5, Max 2022

Hi,

The materials from the V-Ray Material Library in Cosmos are set with features that are available with V-Ray 6 only, hence they are restricted to V-Ray 6.
    We've missed the restriction flag on this one, but it should not be visible in V-Ray 5 anymore. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Miroslav Ivanov
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by miroslav.ivanov View Post
      Hi,

The materials from the V-Ray Material Library in Cosmos are set with features that are available with V-Ray 6 only, hence they are restricted to V-Ray 6.
      We've missed the restriction flag on this one, but it should not be visible in V-Ray 5 anymore. Apologies for the inconvenience.
      Thanks.
      Is there any way to see which materials are v-ray 6 only? I assume they all show up on the website-based browser?
      Mostly just so I know what I'm missing, really

Comment

Hi Richard7666,

In Cosmos you can see all materials which show for V-Ray 6 only by searching for "V-Ray 6" in the search, here is the list:
        https://cosmos.chaos.com/assets?q=ey...sbH0&s=v-ray+6

If you are on a version lower than V-Ray 6, you are still getting these materials. However, they do not show in Cosmos but in the old V-Ray Material Browser (https://docs.chaos.com/display/VMAX/...ibrary+Browser).
        So, to clarify: V-Ray Materials in V-Ray 6 version were transferred and show in Cosmos to V-Ray 6 + users only, V-Ray materials in V-Ray 5 and prior show in the V-Ray Material Browser.

I hope that helped.
        Regards,

Kalina Maneva
        Product Manager
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Working...
        X