Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dragging model from cosmos

Hey
    I couldn't figure out the way to drag objects from the cosmos.
    Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Would appreciate help.

Thanks​

Hey,

Please keep in mind that not every host app handles drop events. Can you please give us more details when it works for you and when it does not? Also, can you please share your:
    • Operating System
    • Host App & version (e.g. 3ds Max, Sketchup, etc.)
    • Renderer & version (V-Ray, Corona, etc.)
    Thanks!

Comment

Thanks.
      I use Max 2023, vray 6,windows 10. I am attaching a screenshot to show what happens when I drag
      A model from the cosmos. I wish I could tell when it works and when it doesn't - right now it's random for me​
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for escalating this. I have few other questions:
        • Does it happen with the same model? As seen from the screenshot, can you confirm that this bicycle sometimes imports and sometimes does not, via drag & drop?
        • Do you drop the model on the same place every time or random?
        • Do you experience the same issue with the [Import] button? Or in other words – does import using the button works 100% or not?

Comment

Thanks.
          1. When it doesn't work - then it's with all models and not just a specific model
          2. reset Max ( without exit Max) - doesn't work
          3. Exit Max and reopen Max- working
          4. import button work 100% for all the model

Comment

Hi,
            We suspect that some non-vray plugin might interfere with the drag&drop handling we do.
            Do you accidentally have some other plugin that offers drag&drop for custom/non-3dsmax resources?
            Or do you have some plugin that possibly enhances the max 3D viewport (ex. some stats displaying or else)?

Comment

Yes, I have the project manager plugin that also drag and drop

Comment

Happens to me too...does drag and drop only work in Corona? Vray imports the assets into the 0,0,,0 position then I have to align it to an object in my camera view.

Comment

Working...
                X