Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS there a way to HAve all Chaos cosmos assets download and save to a folder on a server and have multiple machines point to and access that Asset library?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS there a way to HAve all Chaos cosmos assets download and save to a folder on a server and have multiple machines point to and access that Asset library?

Hello All, Win 10 Sketchup 21,

We have a new "render PC" where I work with a beefed up graphics card, and it's networked with all our other machines and we can use it remotely.
    I can render on my local machine, but whenever I want to move a project over to the new machine, I end up losing so much when I move the ketchup file and the vrscene file over, so much black and missing.

So is there a way to have all of the chaos cosmos assets located on a server and accessed by both my machine and the Render PC?

OR

Is there a way of packaging everything in a VRscene, the model, the materials, the cosmos assets, settings etc, all in one folder and moving to a different machine?
    Is there a method of doing that? Where it would automatically grab a copy of whatever asset you are using, say an HDRI light, and save that with the vrscene and skp file and then all you would need to do is copy and paste your project folders?
    I like how indesign does it,

Also, I already do save all new edits to materials and textures, and everything I add outside of chaos cosmos to a folder that contains the project and all it's contents.

Thanks in advance.

But are you using the remote machines just as render slaves or as workstation?
    In the first case, have you tried to set a network drive path in the Cosmos settings?

I use 2 render slaves and I've set a network path in the Cosmos settings and I don't have any problems.

Comment

Working...
    X