Launching Chaos Cosmos (Corona) crashes 3DS Max 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launching Chaos Cosmos (Corona) crashes 3DS Max 2023

As the title says, opening Chaos Cosmos (Corona) from the Corona toolbar crashes 3DS Max 2023. Chaos Cosmos stays open but 3ds Max crashes to the desktop. Any ideas of why?

Running the latest Corona 9 Hotfix 2 and latest 3ds Max 2023 25.0 - 25.3.3.6012. I have also completely uninstalled Corona and any Chaos products and reinstalled and still have the same problem.

Hello Alex,

Can you please try uninstalling Cosmos, then install this version:
    https://download.chaos.com/downloads...418310278-free

and see if it solves the problem?

Thank you!

Comment

Hi, thanks for the help. Unfortunately it still crashes. I have even rebooted after uninstalling and before installing the version you suggested. It does bring up the 3DS Max crash report window. Strange, it was stable under Corona 9 Hotfix 1 and previous 3ds Max 2023 service pack

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, Alex.

Do you remember when was the last time when you were able to use Cosmos sucessfully w/o causign a crash?

Also, it will be great if you can send us the crash report. Can you please create an issue in our tickets system​ and attach the crash report there?​

Thank you!

Comment

I used it back in March without any problems. Since then I have renewed my Corona license and downloaded the latest version as well as applying all the latest Autodesk updates for 3DS Max so it seems something between those 2 has broken something. Is there any way of downloading the older Corona 9 Hotfix 1 version for 3ds max to test?
          Last edited by alex_massey; 10-05-2023, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Have got it working after reinstalling 3DS Max and Corona 9 Hotfix 1

Comment

I am having the same issues, Cosmos crashes Max 2022, 23 and 24. Could we get a link for Corona render 9 Hotfix 1?

Comment

Working...
              X