Lost Assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Assets

I keep running into this problem...lost assets. If I used Cosmos materials or 3d assets, they get lost if I open the file on two different machines. Is the answer downloading them on a shared server vs a local c

Hello Luma3d,

Using a shared network storage that is mounted with the same path on all machines is a valid solution. Which host app/renderer do you use?

Comment

Both Corona and Vray

Comment

OK but which is the host app – 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, etc.?

Comment

3ds max 2023

Comment

Hey Luma3d,

With V-Ray 6.1, if you open a scene with Cosmos assets which you haven't downloaded yet, a prompt will appear (once you close the Missing External Files dialog) that will allow for all lost or missing Cosmos assets to be relocated or downloaded from the Chaos Cosmos Browser.​
            If you're using older versions, as already mentioned here, a shared network storage might be the current solution.

It would be great if you can share the exact V-Ray and Chaos Cosmos versions you are using.
            Any examples and screenshots that explain the issue in detail will also be greatly appreciated. You can either attach them here or forward them via our contact form.

Looking forward to your reply.

Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X