Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we set asset directory via config file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we set asset directory via config file?

I am primarily using Vray for Houdini and currently I'm trying to figure out how to use Cosmos assets on a render farm. I don't want to have to install the Cosmos browser on each machine and then launch/login just so I can set the path to the assets. This seems to be a required step since the path is not set on the assets in the scene.
    In the Cosmos docs it says that the asset location can be changed "via UI or in the configuration file" but I can't find what configuration file this might be. It is hinted at in the docs, but not explained at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All assets are in a shared mapped drive, they work great if I start up the Cosmos browser manually, login, then set the path via UI...but that isn't an option for every box on our farm. Could there be a solution in the vray_houdini package? That would be fantastic...but probably too good to be true. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there benfox,

You can install Cosmos Browser easily on render nodes via batch script . I'll send you the script over DM.

Comment

That would be great if you could send me the info. I have it installed on my render boxes, it is just getting the path set to my asset directory that is the roadblock. Thanks so much.

Comment

Yes you can do that with a Powershell script.

Comment

Amazing. Thanks so much for that. I was looking for the config file in the wrong place and didn't realize it had the control I needed. Your Powershell script makes it all so much easier too. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X