Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assets download finished with X unsuccessful file relocations due to missing asset revisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assets download finished with X unsuccessful file relocations due to missing asset revisions

Getting this error
    "Assets download finished with 20 unsuccessful file relocations due to missing asset revisions"

3DS Max 2023. This happens when I open another designers MAX file. We are all remote so our Cosmo assets folders are all different. Sometimes the assets will auto download but recently Ive been getting this error. We use Cosmo Models and materials. Was hoping this would download missing assets but its no longer working well.

Hi, thanks for posting. Please make sure you are using the latest versions of Cosmos and that you models are updated before you send the scene:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2023-10-19_17-49-00.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1193527

Some assets are discontinued. Are you having issues on your computer only or the others from your team have as well?
    Is there something in common for instance maybe specific assets not showing or is it completely random.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Max, Vray and Chaos Browser are all up to date. At least on my end. I cannot speak to the creator of the file. This occurs when one remote worker creates a file, with assets saved locally, then another remote design, also with local assets, opens the file. It's hard to narrow it down to out of date or discontinued assets because nothing downloads. Last time it was 22 assets. Mostly people and a few computer props. Sometimes it will successfully download any missing assets but recently I'm getting the same error all the time and nothing downloads. I have another post asking if setting the active project will also save Cosmo assets to the project folder, but I dont believe it does. Its all the same root issue of sharing files without a centralized remote server. (we have a shared server but since we are all remote, using it is very slow when a file has 20-30 people and props) I was basically hoping that it would recognize asserts that YOU don't have already downloaded and do that for you. Using the asset tracking toggle is laborious since there are so many nested folders. You need to change files paths one at a time.

Comment

Hi, could you archive and send us over one of these scenes? You can do that here or through the support contact form if your scene is confidential. If you choose the contact form please include a link to this thread in your message.

Max, Vray and Chaos Browser are all up to date. At least on my end. I cannot speak to the creator of the file.
        This may not be the issue but it is highly advisable that you all keep your Cosmos versions updated and work with the same versions of 3ds Max and V-Ray.

What happens if you save the scene that did not download all assets locally on your PC and then open it again?

I can also suggest that you open a ticket and we can arrange a team viewer session and inspect your setup.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X