Cosmos User Access Denied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos User Access Denied?

We have users in our organization that get this message when trying to launch Cosmos.

Message: AADSTS50105: Your administrator has configured the application Chaos ('A BUNCH OF LETTERS AND NUMBERS HERE') to block users unless they are specifically granted ('assigned') access to the application. The signed in user 'xxxxxxxxx.xxxxx' is blocked because they are not a direct member of a group with access, nor had access directly assigned by an administrator. Please contact your administrator to assign access to this application.
    Where would we go to give them access? I can't find it anywhere.

Hello VelvetElvis,

I don’t think that this message comes from Cosmos, but rather from another Chaos service. Can you tell us the exact flow until your users get that message? E.g. on attempt to open Cosmos from X (X could be Max, Sketchup, etc.), or on attempt to sign in, etc.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hristo_chakarov View Post
      Hello VelvetElvis,

I don’t think that this message comes from Cosmos, but rather from another Chaos service. Can you tell us the exact flow until your users get that message? E.g. on attempt to open Cosmos from X (X could be Max, Sketchup, etc.), or on attempt to sign in, etc.

Thanks!
      Here is that user's workflow. Working in Max, open the cosmos Browser from toolbar, directs me to login in order to access content, I login with corporate email, windows tries to log me in and I get the error that, “The signed in user 'xxxxxxxx' is blocked because they are not a direct member of a group with access, nor had access directly assigned by an administrator.”

Comment

Can you please provide a screenshot of that error?

Comment

Originally posted by hristo_chakarov View Post
          Can you please provide a screenshot of that error?
          Sure thing. I sent it via PM so you can see the full details.

Comment

We've resolved the issue. It was a simple fix. The user was trying to log in via a corporate account and we don't use those. Logging in as normal, they can access Cosmos.

Comment

We're glad that you managed to solve the problem!

Comment

Working...
              X