Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better 3D models needed!

Hello,

First time really using the Cosmos assets in production, as I thought "why not". But, and I'm not usually one to complain, a lot of the 3D models really aren't up to scratch to use in production, especially the larger items. I'm designing a few bathroom layouts, and nearly all the models fall well below current standards.

The models are insufficiently chamfered, smoothed, etc and some are just modelled incorrectly or missing details you'd expect to be there. I'm finding the CG Axis stuff especially low quality, and will need to be replaced. Some of the props, plants. etc are OK, so long as they're not used for a closeup, but still the materials, bumps, displacement need work.

As this is part of the paid subscription, I did expect better to be honest. If this was delivered from 3DSky, CGMood, etc I would be requesting a refund.

Just my thoughts.
    Dean

Dean Punchard > Head of CGI at HUB

Hi @suzanne_doherty​,

We genuinely appreciate your feedback, as it helps us improve our library.

The Cosmos team is constantly working with our partners to deliver high-quality and industry used models. As we will be adding a lot of new content in the future, you should check out our Idea Portal, where you can also submit new ideas or vote for requests that you are interested in:
    https://chaoscosmos.ideas.aha.io/ideas

The assets in Cosmos can be edited to a certain extent, allowing you to adjust the materials to your preference. Also, some Cosmos integrations allow the import and modification of proxy assets. We are aware, however, that this isn't always the best option for our users who want to have additional details to the assets and achieve a specific output promptly.

Best,
    Viktoria ​​
    Viktoria Dimitrova | chaos.com
    Team Lead, Cosmos Asset Creation

Comment

Working...
    X