Drag and drop automatically places asset at world origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag and drop automatically places asset at world origin

I have a large scene which extends far away from the origin and would like to place assets using Cosmos. Drag and drop does not seem to work on my machine; I see in the demo videos that I should just be able to drag a downloaded asset and have it loaded to my cursor, and snap to a horizontal surface in my scene. But, when I try to drag and drop, it simply places an instance of the asset at the world origin, which makes it hard to place things quickly and efficiently since we can not manually type in object coordinates. Is this a bug?

If your cursor is not over any object, the asset would go to the origin. Otherwise it should be placed where the cursor was. Are you using 1.3.0? What is the scene units scale (e.g. meters, centimeters etc)?
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

This is a test document, done using inches. I'm holding down the mouse button trying to snap to any of the horizontal surfaces in the file and it is not working. Using 1.3.0, exported .vrscene from Rhino. Sorry for the external video link, I cannot seem to get an .mp4 file uploaded to this forum.

https://www.loom.com/share/2c9afbc79...90816658a333d7

Comment

I see. We discovered this issue a few days ago. It happens when the monitor DPI scale is >100%. I suppose it should be fixed in the next Vantage patch.
        Nikola Goranov
        Chaos Developer

Comment

Working...
        X