.vrmat files and bitmaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .vrmat files and bitmaps

I'd like to make use of .vrmat files which resides in cosmos assets download directory.
    But after loading such file in VrayVRmatMtl and assigning to some objects I get warnings about bitmaps which can not be found.
    I inspected an example file (from Field_Grass_006 asset) and there is bitmap with this location:
    "<value>shared/textures/Blade1_Diff_1k_srgb.tx</value>".
    But on disk there is no such file.
    In "Packages\3D_Models\Vegetation\Field_Grass_006 _33b f0458\Assets" directory exists "33bf0458_Blade1_Diff_1k_srgb.tx" file.
    Name of this file differs from this defined in .vrmat file.
    Is there somethig wrong with .vrmat files or am I missing something?

Hi Mnietek2707,

Chaos Cosmos utilizes a system for dynamic file name resolution that enables advanced features, some of which are still in development. This makes the Cosmos .vrmat files unsuitable for "regular" usage via the VrayVRmatMtl material plugin.

Could you please provide more information about your use case so we can think of a possible solution?

Thanks,
    Mihail

Comment

I tried to use assets from Cosmos in Houdini. I thought that I can import geometry through VRayProxy and material through VRayMatMtl. But there is a problem with materials I described above... By the way - are there any plans for Cosmos for Houdini?

Comment

Hi Mnietek2707,
        We don't support the import to Houdini currently, in the way that you are attempting it.
        Cosmos integration into Houdini is being discussed internally. You can cast your vote for this request in this forum thread:
        https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...os-for-houdini

Best,
        Kalina Maneva
        Product Manager
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Working...
        X