Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when changing assets path : unknown method ChangeWorkingDirectory

Hello,
    I wanted to test the new feature to change the assets folder to a network drive and followed the instructions here : https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...load+Directory
    But when I enter the new path and apply I get this error message :

Code:
    Oops... something went wrong
    unknown method ChangeWorkingDirectory for service content.v1beta2.ApplicationStateAPI
    Any idea what is going wrong ?

Thank you

mekene

Hi theedge,
    Please, let us know which Cosmos Browser version you use (you can see it on Cosmos Browser>...>About screen.
    Also, send your cb.log file for further investigation. You can find it in this directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos
    Please, send it to our support team on this link and reference this forum post.

Regards,
    Kalina Maneva
    Product Manager
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

@theedge
      Could you find a solution for that error? I wasted half an hour yesterday getting cosmos working over network, but no chance!
      First I had the issue that the config.json wasn't writable. I uninstalled cosmos completely and did a new installation.

The writing issue was gone, but the same message as you stated: "unknown method ChangeWorkingDirectory" came up. I even tried changing the json manually but cosmos won't start that way.

Comment

Hi dreidesign,
        It seems that for some reason you are using an older version of Cosmos Browser.
        I am sending you a link where you can download the latest version: https://download.chaosgroup.com/?platform=47&product=62

Prior to installing the new version, you need to uninstall the existing one:

1) Uninstall Cosmos Browser

2) Delete from your machine any remains from previous installations. You should delete these directories (if they exist):
        C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\Chaos Cosmos
        ------
        C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\Content
        C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\Content

Also, you will need to restart your machine after you install Cosmos Browser.

I hope the above will help resolve your problems.
        Let me know if you still encounter issues.

Regards,
        Kalina Maneva
        Product Manager
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Sadly cant download the latest version from that link, getting:
          "You have reached maximum request limit." error

Comment

Hi dreidesign,
            I am sorry to hear that you encountered error while downloading. This seems like a temporary overload in our download service which our team will look into.
            In the meanwhile, please, try downloading again in some time.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
            Kalina Maneva
            Product Manager
            Chaos Cosmos

Comment

I managed to download the client manually, tested it on 3 machines here and could only make it work on one.
              The rest of the machines now got the error "Oops... something went wrong
              internal error: open C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos\config.json" access denied.

Did all the steps you provied, uninstalling, deleting all the cosmos files in the mentioned directories. Reinstall of client and reboot of machine.

Comment

Hey dreidesign,

If you haven't yet, please reach us through our contact form so we can possibly schedule a remote session and troubleshoot on the spot. Thanks!
                Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

I already contacted support and we had a remote session. We could find a workaround, but I think there will be some improvements for the next cosmos browser versions.
                  Sadly I didnt had the time to install it on all our machines to check if it really works when using in a team.

Comment

Hi, Having the same problem, tried to install latest browser. Still same error message. What will I do next?

Comment

Hi lube_spasevski,

Would it be possible to send us the cb.log file so we can have a look? You can share it via our contact form, just make sure to mention this thread (or my name) in the form subject.

Have you tried a clean re-install to make sure that the issue still reproduces? You can try the following steps:

Uninstall the Cosmos Browser, and make sure that the following folders no longer exist once you uninstall Chaos Cosmos:

macOs:
                      • ~/Library/ChaosGroup/ChaosCosmos
                      • /Applications/ChaosGroup/ChaosCosmos/
                      Windows:
                      • C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos
                      • C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\Chaos Cosmos
                      Then, please reinstall the Cosmos Browser from the following link and let us know if Cosmos started working:
                      https://download.chaosgroup.com/?pla...amp;product=62
                      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                      X