Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chaos Cosmos Startup Issue after restart - Suspect Because Google Cloud Sync Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Cosmos Startup Issue after restart - Suspect Because Google Cloud Sync Delay

Hi Guys

Did a new installation yesterday. All went smooth, and Cosmos updated to the latest version. We switched the asset download path to a mapped network drive (a virtual drive letter pointing to our Google Cloud Workspace)

After restarting the PC, opening Max and attempting to use Cosmos, I'm greeted by the dreaded "There was a problem with your Cosmos Browser installation."

Looking at the cb.log file, I can see it appears Cosmos runs as soon as you login to the PC, or when windows starts.
    From there, it errors to:
    "failed to create user directories","error":"mkdir Y:: The system cannot find the path specified.","stacktrace":"main.(*App).Start\n\tC:/gitlab/builds/xsCDsLbv/0/galaxy/content-browser/service/cmd/cbservice/main.go:321\nmain.InitService.func1\n\tC:/gitlab/builds/xsCDsLbv/0/galaxy/content-browser/service/cmd/cbservice/service.go:204"}

Since our virtual drive is a Google Workspace Drive, the Google Drive Sync app takes at least 10 minutes to "startup", sync and do its background bits. Essentiually as soon as we restart our computers or boot up in the morning, we cant (and shouldnt) access anything during that unitial 1st 5 to 10 minute period, as explorer will crash if we attempt to. I suspect this is what is going on here with Cosmos. It fails to access Y drive, and then does not attempt to access again later.

How to overcome this issue? Is there a way to only start Cosmos background threads when we run it in Max, or some other way to delay it or "retry" the connection to the asset drive?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Stopping and Starting the cbservice.exe seems to help.
    Can we delay sarting this for few minutes during pc startup?

I see it in the processes, but I dont see it in the list of services running...
    Last edited by Morne; 23-09-2021, 02:16 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Support let me know that is how it works currently as it starts during pc startup.

Until they come up with an alternative to this annoying issue, I'll remove CCBService from the Startup folder and replace it with a custom scripted delay batch timer which will delay running the CCBServide for few minutes and distribute this script to all our users
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Working...
      X